Monday, October 27, 2014

Simple Woman's Daybook-October 27, 2014



Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY
October 27, 2014

Outside my window...
Temp: 73  A nice cooler day at long last! I love cooler days like this one. Beautiful maple trees with red leaves hanging just before falling to the ground.

I am thinking...
Of how nice it would be to take the family on vacation for fall break.
I have been under a lot of stress in the last three months and the young roosters crowing all the time didn't  help my nerves. Our summer vacation plans got dampened and entirely wiped out the savings account.

I had 4 too many roosters from the April batch so they went free to new homes. So much quieter now.
On the first day of them being gone the girls started laying so now we are up to eight eggs per day from them ranging from pastel blue to brown and some soft pink colored ones too.

I am thankful...
Whenever we run into trouble God always sees us through it. No matter how big or small the problem is.

In the kitchen...
Took the legs off of the white washed coffee table and moved it in the mini foyer/ alcove for a family center.

I am wearing...
Shorts and a cool top while I still can.

I am creating...
A cute Homesteading farm site.

I am going...
To reaffirm my connection to spirituality. Focusing more on what feeds my soul.

I am wondering...
If getting up earlier isn't hurting my hormone levels in some way. I have been getting up around 5Am when the rooster crows and try to be quiet to keep from waking the house up that early.

I am reading...
"Why good people do bad things."

I am hoping...
To find a way to heal on the subject of loss.
I know that God will see me through it. I am not alone.

I am looking forward to...
Repairing everything that needs it before winter arrives.. Winter is coming....

I am learning...
Closets don't clean themselves and if it doesn't fit me or my daughter don't try to save it. Just throw it out!

Around the house...
Tidying up lose ends both inside and out.
Time seems to be passing much faster now.
I love October. It is my favorite month this year so far.

The neighbor's are cutting down their trees in the front yard and every evening they have a fire and that wonderful smell of burning oak permeates through our windows and it takes me back to the days in Florida when we used to go camping at Chamber's Farm. We would make our own campfire or go sit with friends by the large fire.  It really makes me miss camping more than anything because it was back during the time when life was easy. Now that we have the farm animals to care for we can't just sneak away camping on a whim anymore.

I am pondering...

Where to put the rest of my stuff?
So far I have spent quite a bit of money and the better part of three months to get my stuff then rummaging through old boxes from my Grandmother's house.

A favorite quote for today...
What is wild cannot be bought or sold, borrowed or copied.
It is. Unmistakeable, unforgettable, unshamable, elemental as earth and ice,
water, fire and air, a quitessence, pure spirit, resolving into no contituents.
Don't waste your wildness: it is precious and necessary."
 ~Jay Griffiths


Two of my favorite things...
Fried green tomatoes and fried eggplant

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Vacuum the bedroom
Watch When in Rome
Rake the yard
Make some Honeysuckle Waters
Insulate the greenhouse

A peek into my day...


If you would like to participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook
Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment