Sunday, September 1, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook-September 1, 2013








FOR TODAY
September 1, 2013

Outside my window....
Beautiful cooler weather makes me want to work outside more now that it is bearable again.

I am Hearing...
Silence. And I love it!  It doesn't happen very often around here. No crowing. No clucking. No whining or barking. It's a good day.

I am Thinking of...
Adding some photos to my blog and might doll it up a bit over the next few weeks.

I am Thankful for...
My Grandmother teaching me right from wrong. Being out in public for more than an hour at a time you can see so many people out there that are lost that do bad things and really weren't raised well enough to know any better..

In the kitchen...
An entire fridge filled with salad greens and fruit. In the corner of my kitchen is a mini greenhouse with citrus seed sprouting and fresh planted nectarine seeds waiting to sprout.

I am Wearing...
New turquoise jeggings from Walmart (they fit so good I went back and bought 1 in every color in my size!) and a silk blouse with a shell necklace.

I am Creating...
An ebook library for my family and I on my kindle and kindle for pc.

I am Going...
Back and forth on my reading items lately. Reading new things such as the daring 50 Shades of Grey then bouncing back to some demure Jane Austen.

I am Wondering...
Which cake to get my daughter for her 12th Birthday the 26th of September. She's almost a teen!

I am Reading...
The Language of Love and Respect (A beautiful read!), Becoming the woman God wants me to be, Revolve bible, Building an effective women's ministry.

I am Praying...
That people wake up from their comas and see what the President is doing to American values.

I am Looking forward to...
Cooler weather and my new garden treasures sprouting through the surfice of the soil. Having all of my baby papaya trees grow bigger.

I am Learning...
In gardening and in life things don't always go the way we had anticipated them to go. Even with the people that we love the most. We can't control others or their actions. All we can do is nourish the soul and water it and keep a protective eye on how things are growing and never turning our backs on it so it doesn't shrivel and die.

Around the house...
Cutting the roses for their winter sleep. Trimming the hedges, painting the hideous faded green shutters a vibrant bright providential blue.

I am Pondering...
Ways that I can get more healing rest into my chaotic days. I have chosen to go to bed much earlier than I normally do. Which is a bit of a bummer but absolutely necessary and makes me feel so much better in the morning when I wake up.

Quote of the day...
I’d like to go by climbing a birch tree and climb black branches up a snow-white trunk toward heaven,
till the tree could bear no more, but dipped its top and set me down again.That would be good both going and coming back.
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches.  ~ Robert Frost

My Favorite thing...
My George Foreman Grill!
Most women got flowers for their Mother's day gift. I got a George Foreman and have rocked that little thing every day for lunch since I got it! It makes everything taste 100% better and I feel better knowing the family is getting less fatty calories when we eat chicken or fish!

For the Rest of the week...
Trying to organize my book shelves into a more sane display and being there for my daughter. Spending the last moments of summer with her getting wet under the hose.

A peek into my day...



If you wish to take part in The Simple Woman’s Daybook, please go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment