Saturday, June 29, 2013

What Gifts Reside Here?


                          photo credit Susansmithevans.com

1. What Gifts did I bring to this place?
One of the gifts is my writng about this special place and how liberated I feel by living here. Being able to share my experiences through my journal, through art, photography, and through mixed media delights.

2. What Gifts have I received from living here in this wonderful place?
Living at the other place in the City a part of me was suffering. Stagnant. Bored. Uncreative.
I feel as if I have been reborn from the womb of creation.
Every day is a new opportunity to share my love of the land with others.
I have learned to open my heart where all wildlife is concerned. Not just the pretty ones such as the deer, redbirds and butterflies, but the skunks and raccoons as well.
Being given lovely gifts and offerings from nature, and returning my gratitude to the land and the animals here by giving offerings back to them and creating lovely treasures for my family from the gifts we have received.

This isn’t a place of mindless wandering. It is a place of creative spirit.
This week is an incredible opportunity to start looking at life through a unique lens. In each moment of our lives, in every situation, we can look at life and ask 2 powerful questions: what gift did I bring to this moment? And, what gift did I receive in this moment?

Looking at life through this lens allows us to find peace and joy in every moment, regardless of the situation, whether we perceive that situation to be “good” or “bad.” The reality of life is that there really is no “good” or “bad” – there’s just life happening and we attach meaning to life’s unfolding. The discovery of this process is that we can choose the meaning that we attach to everything and we can choose meanings that serve us. This week, challenge yourself to find the “good” in every aspect of your life, from the most mundane, to the most difficult and most obvious aspects of your life.

Each day, write about the gifts you received and the gifts you gave in as many moments or situations throughout the day as possible. Write about the “good” but also challenge yourself to find gifts in moments or situations that you perceive to be “bad.”

Remember to write about both the gift you gave and the gift you received for each situation. These gifts can be as simple as giving your gift of attention, or receiving the feeling of being understood. There is no right or wrong answer.

Posted in Animal Conservation, Dreams, EARTH EXCHANGE, Frame of Mind Coaching, Life Goals, Meigs County Tennessee, Mountain Creek Home, Nature, Outdoors, Ten Mile Tennessee, Wildlife Conservation, Wounded Nature


 

No comments:

Post a Comment