Saturday, June 29, 2013

Transformation



When we came to this place I wanted something of my own to call home. A place where my daughter could make friends and grow up.

My family and I had been living out of boxes for years.
One of the reasons is we really didn’t want to put down roots where we lived before.  I want to buy this place. I want a place where we could put down roots and leave a legacy at. I want to do some women’s circles. I want the area down at the creek to be warm and inviting for all who visit it. Deer included. I want protection from the hunters down there.

You have heard me a few times mention this place was wounded when we moved here.
A few decades ago the people that lived here were busy at work. Someone came and stole most of their livestock and when the guy tried to catch them but the tire on his motorcycle blew out and he wrecked. The man died and had no next of kin to save the rest of his animals that got left behind from the animal thieves so they starved to death. There are mixed stories regarding this ordeal. It was a couple of years later that the city discovered there was no one else that could have done anything sooner.

Every nature walk turns up sun bleached cattle or deer bones unearthed from behind rocks and small native plants. Upon looking into the old abandoned shed there was the skeleton of a deer that had been shot and managed to get away from the hunter only to die in the corner of the shed alone. Being an animal lover I feel outraged.

Was it the mother or father to the deer that live here now? It had to be. One of the biggest obstacles that we have living here is that the hunters have no regard for the property lines. How can I make a difference here and heal this wounded place? How can I give back to nature in some grand way. Just being here and saying prayers seems to help my troubled mind. Does it help the animals as well? I hope so.

There have been three deer born since I moved here. A set of twins the second time because the mother had plenty of food during the winter.

Since being here I have transformed from the nervous work-a-holic tendencies to dancing my way through life. Connecting more to spirit and being guided to write more books and share my wisdom with others in my Reiki newsletters and classes. I have become so involved in healing and bettering myself that I haven’t posted any personal videos in a very long time.

I am only interested in the love of this place.

  Tags: Animal Conservation, Global Earth Exchange, Hunting, Inspiration, Meigs County Tennessee, Mountain Creek Home, Nature, Outdoors, Ten Mile Tennessee, White Tailed Deer, Wildlife Conservation, Wishes, Wounded Nature 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment